Friday, November 28, 2008

Leaving It All Behind


Ok, now I feel officially retired. Starting Social Security a few months ago didn't really do it, but not cooking the turkey for the first time in 40 years---that's a watershed experience! Not that I need sympathy, mind you, it was a guilty kick to lounge on the couch and cast a glance every once in awhile to the kitchen where Willow, Treesje, and Fumiko toiled the hours away chopping, dicing, stirring, basting. I knew they could do it without me, I just couldn't figure out HOW. But Willow had spent time absorbing succulent recipes from Oprah's show, and the girls just kicked it. Not only did they do it all without me, they showed me up good. Ouch! It was amazing. Absolutely best ever. And then all that cleaning up. Memories! Next year, assuming I'm not still on crutches, I'm going to stay out of the kitchen for the good of all anyway, and let the new stars shine on. Oh, I'll be the clean up committee---once a drudge, always a drudge?---but CHANGE is here!!!! Love it! Thanks lovely ladies!

2 comments:

sydney said...

I dont think so , your DR said just this year was your year off. I will pass along the recipe. I cant pull the guts out of the turkey and my stuffing sucked! I never even got to cooking your pumpkin stuff. I think you are meant to cook, a legacy that cant be forgotten! Plus no one ate my turkey after it came out 2 hours late!

sydney said...

willow again who wrote previous comment