Saturday, January 1, 2011

Westward Ho

Moving on to Seattle took us out of our normal zone. Well, we were never really that normal, I suppose, but moving up there was quite an ordeal/adventure. We packed everything up and had everyone sleep on the floor of the newly finished basement for a couple of nights before we left, so that the house would stay spotless and be ready for the new owners. But Dad and I got miserably sick from all that hard work and stress and lack of sleep, so the first leg of the trip was driving an hour and then getting a motel. We plopped down on the beds in agony and you guys were on your own, we were too weak to move. Guess you and Afton were in charge, so I have no idea where you went so, or how you managed all the kids whatever you did. I'm surprised we didn't just hand over the keys and have you guys drive the next day as well, but Dad and I improved enough to be back in the saddle. "Load 'em up, move 'em out, Rawhide." (sorry, got carried away there)

I held Jordan in my arms as I drove our van and continually nursed him for over a thousand miles while you rode with Dad in the truck. I took an obscure road in Idaho and got separated from you guys one day, and think we may have had to somehow connect down the road in the middle of the night. That's a whole lost set of skills-time and endless patience- with cell phones and all now.

No comments: