Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Changes

A couple of years ago, a friend told me he was falling apart. I laughed, and even though we are the same age, insisted that sure wasn't the case for me. In fact, I definitely felt I was getting younger, truth be told, and I was giddy and gloating about it. Things got interesting when I was told over and over I was indeed falling apart as well. Suddenly a T-shirt line commemorating my declining state was theoretically in the works. I was mortally offended and, incensed, roared off into the sunset. Teasing victim? Who knows. But wow--- I've spent time, $, and effort since that New Year's trying to prove a point. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.



With a new New Year's in the wings, I'm finally coming out of denial. So today I changed my philosophy and my blog title to reflect what is more in line with a reality I am coming to accept, if not embrace. I have really learned some amazing things from Neale Donald Walsh's books in the last couple of years, and so feel good about borrowing (above quote--- header, top of page) from him. So falling apart may not be all bad. Just what is. And de facto, at least it means I'm still here! Now, what pieces to pick up??? 

No comments: