Sunday, March 8, 2009

I DID IT!!!



So FINALLY I went yesterday and got pierced! Just a wild and crazy girl. My ears can now get all ornamented/decorated...like my daughters and granddaughters. Just trying to keep up with the big dogs.

I was talking to the store manager and her assistant who did it for me, and saying how it had taken me such an inordinately long time, blah blah, and the manager shared in amazement that she had just done a woman in her 30's recently! Like that was a world record. The way she said it was like I was nothing compared to that. I refrained from trying to take her temperature, and slowly, calmly said, "I'm 62." She practically fainted.(Her Mom is about the same age, and quite ill, so she must think 60s means nursing home/cemetery, but in reality 60s means COOL!)

Anyway, I just keep getting younger this way. 6 weeks to hoops and dangles!!! For now I just sparkle.... Happy Birthday, Mike! Hope this is your favorite present!

1 comment:

Sydney said...

how exciting for you, cant wait to see them.