Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Oh What A Day!

Who can say when moments like these will happen? Moments where the whole world appears so spellbinding, so outrageously beautiful, so perfect, that it seems both surreal and at the same time more real than anything you've ever known. 

Even though I was barely 5 years old, I was keenly aware that day as I was walking home from kindergarten that something definitely out of the ordinary was happening. All alone, as I looked up into the sky, I was aware of seeing a blue I had never before even imagined. More than cerulean. Deeper, palpably more intense than any Crayola crayon ever created, any wave that ever crested, any sparkling jewel ever coveted. I didn't just see blue--- it was somehow part of me, or I was beautifully part of it! 

And the white of the clouds in contrast, so brilliant, so pure. They were vivid, delicious. And the trees--- greener than green, and so alive I could see vibrant life in every leaf. Each oak, maple, willow towered over me and shimmered in the dazzling light show especially for me. It filled up my senses. Tasting the colors, smelling them, touching the inside of the world. Being touched. It all blended into my very being.  

I melted into the warmth and glory of the sun, the gentle breeze was my very essence. As if I had jumped into my own finger painting, caressed by the swirls, enveloped in the colors. It seemed as though time had finally stopped, and yet the world had just truly started, all fresh and beyond words to describe it, only to feel it. 

I don't know if I ever really thought much of God before that day, but at that moment I knew He existed, and was perfect. I loved Him wholly. Never was I more alive. Ever after, I began searching for Him, whom I had really already found. Paradox has since been my marker for truth in that journey. 

There are some moments, some days where the overpowering inspiration of it is an overwhelming gift to forever be grateful for. 

Or could it be that's there for us everyday, simply if we become aware of it? Tell me, how does it get any better than this?

No comments: