Thursday, May 6, 2010

Beige Flowers

SO my daughter has not exactly been world renowned for her optic prowess for a few decades now. And today, Afton earned another feather in her cap when a bouquet of flowers was delivered to her door. I thanked the florist delivery guy and turned to bring the red roses in to her. It was not however, a gasp of delight that escaped her lips, but a gasp of puzzlement, utter bewilderment. She smiled, and asked, "But what are those flowers in the middle? The beige ones." I smiled back at her. "Those big beige ones? They're a TEDDY BEAR, Afton, a flippin' 12 inch TEDDY BEAR!"

Did I mention she's blind? And blonde??

3 comments:

Emilio said...

I sent those flowers to you, not to Afton!

OK, yes! They really were for Afton!

OK, OK! I didn't really send them.

But I thought of sending them.

To you!

(Who sent them?)

Melinda said...

Ummm, what are you smoking?

One of Afton's exes, Jody, sent them to speed her recovery.

Anonymous said...

I can identify with the poor eyesight, and believe me it helps smooth things over as you age.