Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy 25th Birthday Torrey!



My baby girl is 25 today! How on earth did she ever get older than I am? Fast living, I guess. She can pack a lot in when she isn't sleeping evidently.

Here's 25 revelations about this one in a trillion girl/woman:

 1) Deep thinker---pulled to ponder philosophy & the meaning of life
 2) Open mind---to new ideas if they build on good foundations
 3) Integrity---tenaciously stands up for/lives her beliefs whenever, wherever
 4) Family centered---in the midst of many, she doesn't get lost--relates to each one
 5) Deeply caring---doesn't know the meaning of superficial, it's all or nothing

 6) Baby nut---a special affinity/"soulmates" with the littlest ones (sheer DNA, sweetie)
 7) Sense of humor---not hysterical joke teller, but outlook on what's funny, ironic
 8) Loyalty---David's Jonathan incarnate(female version), if she loves you
 9) Thoughtfulness---manifests those little things that make a difference
10) Wise---applies knowledge & discipline in life choices, even if difficult
11) Frugal---what's a better word when you grow up in a poor family & have to be?
12) Killer smile---wide as the freeway, dazzling; could be Jane Seymour's daughter?

13) Almond eyes---only brown eyed exotic daughter I own,"just what ethnicity is she??"
14) Competitive---only with her sisters ("No, I'm the favorite Aunt!")
15) Cooperative---especially with her sisters(ketchupdaily.com)
16) Adventurous---going to NEW YORK TODAY! CELEBRATE---DANCE TO THE MUSIC!!!

17) Silly---check out her confessions re: being a dizzy blonde on her blog
18) Reckless driver-Ok, not a +; stop texting & driving and live to 26 (i'm ur mom,k?)

19) Cleans up nice---she gets all the attention anywhere we are, go figure. ahh, beauty
20) Light touch---no ponderous taking herself too seriously, very self effacing-no Center of the Universe attitude
21) Private---shares so much, but is reserved about more, a little old fashioned?
22) Single---I want to find Prince Charming 4 her.... (He needs to cook & clean, love kids---enough to get them breakfast every day, possibly lunch, till Sleeping Beauty awakes; let's see---rich, handsome, kind, and so on.)  Call me, I'll set it up. She's going to KILL me!
23) Gifted Communicator---expresses herself authentically and with a natural flair
24) Loving Daughter---her Dad walks with her still & knows love is forever. She forgives me my faults over & over. What more could you want?
25) Divine Accident---I was done, with half a dozen "blessings", then God sent Torrey, who knew? PRAISE THE LORD!!!! You are breathtakingly beautiful to me, inside and out. Thanks, Angel, for brightening my life.

I love you more,
Mom

2 comments:

Torrey said...

Thank you Mom! I LOVE YOU! I don't think I'm as good as you make me sound, but it's my bday so I'll take it! haha! I miss you and love you! Thanks for the post! (And it's ok, I forgive you for putting up the last pic:) )

Sydney said...

that is very sweet. I hope I get that on my birthday. Love you torrey. Happy birthday.